Geometry - Unit 5 Review WS
Name ________________________ Block _______
1. Find the indicated trig ratios. a. tan A __________ b. sin C___________ c. cos C___________
2. Solve for x for each of the problems below. Round to the nearest hundredths (2 decimal places). a.
3. A ladder 7 m long stands on level ground and makes a 73° angle with the ground as it rests against the wall. How far from the wall is the base of the ladder?
4. The Empire State Building casts a shadow of 300 ft when the angle of elevation of the sun is 78.31°. Find the height of the building to the nearest foot.
5. Hallie is estimating the height of the superman roller coaster. She stands looking at the roller coaster at a 23 0 .and she is 34 feet away from the coaster. How tall is the roller coaster?
6. Simplify the following radicals. WITHOUT A CALCULATOR a.
b. 3 6 2 6
7. Fill in the missing information for the sides of the following right triangles. WITHOUT A CALCULATOR No decimals! Leave as simplified radicals
8. Determine whether the given sides of a triangle form an acute, obtuse or right triangle. a. 7, 24, 25
b. 8, 9, 15
c. 5, 11, 12
9. Write the cosine of an angle given that sin 34o = 0.559
10. Write the sin of an angle given that cos 71o = 0.326
11. In a right triangle, cos =
2 . Sketch the triangle and evaluate sin . 5
12. Given that the sinA = 2(x -
1 1 ) and the cosB = x - , draw a diagram and find the value of x. 2 3