Invitation for Bids Date:
22 September 2015
Loan No. and Title:
2763-BAN: Second Chittagong Hill Tracts Rural Development Project
Contract No. and Title:
W-B-BAN-Sad-UNR/03 Construction of 220m Long PC Girder Bridge over Sangu River on RaichaGoaliakhola Road at Chainage 7+150 Km; under Sadar Upazila, Dist: Bandarban, Country: Bangladesh
Deadline for Submission of Bids:
09 November 2015, 2:00 pm
1. The Government of Bangladesh has received a loan from the Asian Development Bank (ADB) towards the cost of Second Chittagong Hill Tracts Rural Development Project. Part of this loan will be used for payments under the contract named above. 2. The Local Government Engineering Department (LGED) invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for the Procurement of Bridge Construction Work for the following package. Details of the package is provided below: Package No.
Construction of 220m Long PC Girder Bridge over Sangu River on Raicha-Goaliakhola Road at Chainage 7+150 Km; under Sadar Upazila, Dist: Bandarban, Country: Bangladesh.
3. International Competitive Bidding (ICB) will be conducted in accordance with ADB’s Single Stage: One-Envelope bidding procedure and is open to all Bidders from eligible source countries. Procurement of works will be in strict conformity with the Approved Design, Technical Specifications, and Work Schedule provided in the bidding documents. 4. The following pass-fail qualification criteria are disclosed to enable potential bidders in making an informed decision whether to pursue the contract either as a single entity or in joint venture (JV): i.
Financial Performance: The bidder should submit audited balance sheets for the last five (5) years. For JV, the balance sheet for each constituent entity should be submitted.
Average Annual Construction Turnover: Minimum average annual construction turnover for the Package is Tk. 123.00 million (Taka One Hundred and Twenty Three million) based on total certified payments received for contracts in progress or completed over the last five (5) years. The single entity or all partners combined must meet the requirement. In case of JV, each partner must meet minimum 25% and one (lead) partner minimum 40% of this requirement;
Financial Resources: For the Package minimum Tk. 30.50 million (Taka Thirty Point Five Zero million) In case of JV, all partners combined must meet the requirement, while each partner must meet minimum 25% and one (lead) partner minimum 40% of these requirement; and
Similar Construction Experience: The bidder must possess experience in implementing a minimum of one (1) similar contract, the value of which shall be minimum Tk. 97.50 million (Taka Ninety Seven Point Five Zero million) during the last five (5) years.
5. The Bidders may obtain further information from the Executive Engineer, LGED, Dist: Bandarban and inspect the Bidding Documents at the address given below from 10:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. (local time) in all working days up to 8 November 2015. 6. The Bidding Document, in English language, may be purchased by the interested bidders from the following offices upon payment of a non-refundable fee of Tk. 6,000 (Six Thousand only) by Cash or in the form of Pay Order/Treasury Chalan/Bank Draft in favor of Executive Engineer, LGED, Bandarban up to 8 November 2015: a) Office of Executive Engineer Local Government Engineering Department Circuit House Road District : Bandarban Country : Bangladesh Telephone: +(88)-0361-62516 Electronic Mail Address: [email protected]
b) The Project Director Second Chittagong Hill Tracts Rural Development Project (CHTRDP-II): (Output B: Rural Roads Component) Local Government Engineering Department (LGED) LGED Bhaban (Level-8), Agargaon, Sher-E-Bangla Nagar, Dhaka-1207, Bangladesh. Telephone: +(88)-02-9146064 Electronic Mail Address: [email protected]
7. A pre-bid meeting will be held at the office of the Executive Engineer, LGED, Bandarban at the address given below, on 29 October 2015 at 11:00 A.M. (local time). Bidders’ representatives are invited and encouraged to attend the meeting. 8.
to Executive Engineer, LGED, Circuit House Road, Bandarban
on or before 2:00 PM on 9th November 2015 (local time)
The name and title of the procurement package shall be clearly marked on the outer surface of the envelope containing the full bid proposal i.e. “Bid offer for Construction of 220m Long PC Girder Bridge over Sangu River on Raicha-Goaliakhola Road at
Chainage 7+150 Km; under Sadar Upazila, Dist: Bandarban, Country: Bangladesh” Package No. W-B-BAN-Ssd-UNR/03.
All Bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security as described in the Bidding Document
9. Bids will be opened at the same place at 2:30 P.M. (local time) on 9 November 2015 in the presence of the Bidders or Bidders’ representatives who choose to attend at undersigned office. Late submission of bids will be rejected and will be returned unopened. 10. This IFB can also be found in the official web address of the Asian Development Bank (www.adb.org), Central Procurement Technical Unit (www.cptu.gov.bd) and Local Government Engineering Department (www.lged.gov.bd) respectively. 11. LGED will not be responsible for any costs or expenses incurred by Bidders in connection with the preparation or submission of Bids. 12. The Project authority reserves the right to accept or reject any or all the bids without assigning any reason whatsoever.
(Kya Hla Khoin) Executive Engineer LGED, Bandarban. Bangladesh. Tel: +(88)-0361-62516 E-mail: [email protected]