Invitation for Bids Date:
12 February 2016
Loan No. and Title:
43574-IND: Uttar Pradesh Major District Roads Improvement Project
Contract Nos. and Title:
Deadline for Submission of Bids:
1. P 04A/ UPMDRIP/2015-16: Upgrading of MDR No.66E Haliyapur – Kudebhar (Section from Km. 0.000 to Km 49.272) (Length 49.272 km) in District Sultanpur, Uttar Pradesh 2. P 04B/ UPMDRIP/2015-16: Upgrading of MDR No.66E Haliyapur – Kudebhar (Section from Km. 56.000 to Km 102.356) (Length 46.356 km) in District Sultanpur, Uttar Pradesh 13 April 2016, 17:00 hours (local time)
1. India (hereinafter called “Borrower”) has applied for financing from Asian Development Bank (ADB) towards the cost of Uttar Pradesh Major District Roads Improvement Project (UPMDRIP). Part of this loan will be used for payments of the under mentioned civil works contract packages of the project. The details of the Civil Work contract packages are given below: Civil Package No. P 04A/ UPMDRIP/ 2015-16
P 04B/ UPMDRIP/ 2015-16
Name of work Upgrading of MDR No.66E Haliyapur – Kudebhar (Section from Km. 0.000 to Km 49.272) (Length 49.272 km) in District Sultanpur, Uttar Pradesh Upgrading of MDR No.66E Haliyapur – Kudebhar (Section from Km. 56.000 to Km 102.356) (Length 46.356 km) in District Sultanpur, Uttar Pradesh
Cost of Bid Document INR
Completion period in months
2. Public Works Department, Government of Uttar Pradesh (the “Employer”) invites Etenders from the bidders for the construction and completion of above mentioned packages (the “works”). 3. National Competitive Bidding (NCB) will be conducted in accordance with ADB’s Single-Stage: One-Envelope bidding procedure and is open to all bidders from eligible source countries.
4. A bidder may bid for one or more of the contract packages, and the modality of comparing and evaluating multiple bids is outlined in the bidding document. 5. To obtain further information or inspect the proposed work site, Bidders should contact the office of the Chief Engineer, Externally Aided Projects, UPPWD, 96, M.G. Marg, Lucknow – 226001. Phone +91 522 2236496. Fax: +91 522 2236556. E-mail: [email protected]
6. The bidding under this contract is through electronic tendering (e-tendering) from its website http://etender.up.nic.in. Detailed guidelines for viewing bids and submission of online bids are given on the website. The Invitation for Bids under UPMDRIP is also published on this website. Any prospective bidder can logon to this website and view the Invitation for Bids and can view the details of works for which bids are invited. The prospective bidder can submit bids online. However, the bidder is required to have enrolment/registration in the website and should have valid Digital Signature Certificate (DSC), for signing and encryption issued by the same Certifying Authority licensed under Controller of Certifying Authorities of India, in the form of smart card/e-token. The DSC can be obtained from any authorized certifying agencies. The bidder should register in the web site http://etender.up.nic.in using the relevant option available. Then the DSC has to be done with the e-token, after logging into the site. After this, the bidder can login the site through the secured login by entering the password of the e-token & the user id/ password chosen during registration. After getting the bid schedules, the Bidder should go through them carefully and then submit the documents as instructed, otherwise, the bid will be rejected. Bidders may refer to the Schedule of Key Dates in the Data Sheet. 7.
To purchase the Bidding Documents, in English:
The document shall be available for download from 1030 hrs. 16 February 2016 to 1730 hrs. 10 April 2016. Bidders shall pay a non-refundable fee of Indian Rupees 5,000/- (Rupees five Thousand) only, in the form of demand draft issued by any scheduled Indian Bank or a Foreign Bank located in India, in favor of Executive Engineer, World Bank Division No.1 UPPWD, payable at Lucknow (U.P., India).The scanned copy of the demand draft shall be uploaded at the time of bid submission and original shall be handed over in person to UPPWD office. Bids without this payment and proof of payment shall be rejected. The bidders have to upload their proposal in folders: A, B, and C. 1. The Folder A will contain scanned copies of: Original Demand Draft for Tender Fee; Original Bid Security; Original Affidavit giving “Written confirmation authorizing the signatory of the bid to commit the Bidder”; Original JV agreement or a letter of intent to execute a JV agreement (if applicable); Original Power of Attorney in favor of the person signing the bid. 2. The folder B shall contain the Technical bid; 3. The folder C shall contain Priced Bill of Quantities (BOQ).
Delivery of Bids:
Bids shall only be uploaded on the website http://etender.up.nic.in on or before 1730 hours, 11 April 2016. In the event of the specified deadline for submission of bid declared a Government Holiday, the next official working day would be deemed as the last day for the submission of bids by the time specified in the bid and this will be updated in the eprocurement system. Bids after the prescribed deadline shall be denied upload by the system and rejected. Bids of all the bidders who submitted bids within the prescribed time will be opened electronically in the presence of their authorized representative immediately after the deadline for bid submission.
9. Queries, if any, will be clarified during the Pre-Bid Meeting on 2 March 2016. However, bidders may upload their queries up to 1 March 2016, IST 15:00 Hrs. A Pre-Bid Meeting will be held at the Office of Chief Engineer, Externally Aided Projects, UPPWD, 96, M.G. Marg, Lucknow – 226001, Uttar Pradesh, (India) on 2 March 2016, IST 11:00 Hrs. to 12:30Hrs. 10. The undersigned has right to extend the deadline for submission of bids or cancel the whole bidding process without assigning any reason whatsoever. 11. All the bidders are advised to read the conditions of the bid carefully before uploading the bid document.