COSATU CONGRESS OF SOUTH AFRICAN TRADE UNIONS
Hcod Office 110 Jorissell Street Braamfontein JOHANNESBURG POBox 1019 JOHANNESBURG 2000 Tel: + 27 II 3394911 Fax: + 27 II 339 5080 Internet: http://www.cosatu.org.za
27 June 2018 Attention: Affiliates' General Secretaries Dear Comrades Re: Notice of Convening COSATU's 13 th National Congress - 17 th - 20 th SEPTEMBER 2018, Ghallagher Estate Conference Centre, Midrand This serves to confirm the May 2018 COSATU Central Executive Committee's decisions on the COSATU 13 th National Congress. The May 2018 CEC decided on the following: 1. That the COSATU 13 th National Congress will be held on the 17 th - 20 th September 2018 at Gallagher Estate Conference Centre, Midrand in Johannesburg.
2. That the National Congress is convened in terms of section 3 of the COSATU's constitution. 3. That the May 2018 CEC adopted the programme of the National Congress as attached. 4. That a special Cosatu CEC be convened on the 13 th and 14th August 2018 to finalise the congress report, credentials report, nomination process for election ofleadership, draft resolutions process etc. 5. That the COSATU National Office Bearers will convene meetings of affiliates to discuss the processes on draft resolutions, credentials etc. 6. That all unions would endeavour to update their status to be in good standing so that all delegates are afforded the opportunity to participate fully in the congress. 7. That affiliates would update their membership as of 30 th June 2018 as per the federation policy as this would enable the office to allocate unions delegates to the National Congress as per the constitution.
arlillmclltar),omcc 9 Plein Pnrk Sueel
Ulh Floor Icin Park Building
-:lpe Towli [lUI o Box 5612 ape Town 000 c1: (021)461-3835
ax: (02IH61-l034 -mail: aticncc'ii co.s.mu.org.7.
7dl Floor Altriwn Building 10 Eliz.,bclh Strcel Bloemfontcln PObox 985 Blocmfontein 9300 Tel: (051) 447-5-l99 Fax: (051)4"7-5603 E-mail: nlsikincoSlllu.org.111
NorfhWt=sf 2nd Floor
NBS Building Cor Church & Boom Street KJerksdorp POBox 111)09 Klcrksdorp 2580 Tel: (018) 462-24061 ~65-3806
Fax: (018) 462-3993 E-mail: mth'tlcoSaluon!,./I.
Gaulcng S"'Floor COSATU House
M(lum:llanga Office No. 24. 1<1 Floor
110 Janssen 5rrccl Braamfonlein POBox 1019 Joh.anJlesburg
BF Boshiclo House HofmeyerSl.rett Witb:mk PO Bo.'\2n5 Witbank
Tel: (011) 3394911 Fax: (011) 339-5080 E-ntail: nomlhunn (/ cosnhtOrg 1:1
Tel: (013) 656.(1289 Fax: (013) 656..()291 E-mail: phindile·tl COs.1Iu.org.L
20 Bok Slrcel
Office no. 51 Phakmnailc Mabija Street POBox 985 Kimberlcy
Polokwilne ()700 Tel: (015) 291-2981/ 2/3
Fax: (015) 291-3132 E-mail: tockioncos.1tu.org.7..a
Tel: (053) 832-9090 Fa.x: (053) 832-1)080 E-IIl..ail: Ih..1ndi t;00SI1ILor!!.711
KwaZuIIi/ Naill! 47 Field Street
Office no. 1902 19l!1 Gencrnl Accidclll Building Durban POBox 4765 Durban ~ooo
Tel: (031) 30-1-16901 4009 Fax: (031) 304-1812 Email: nokhwc7i tlcosmu.orgzll
2nd Floor Commwul)' House 41 Salt Rivcr Road Salt Rh'cr POBox471 Salt River 7925 Tel: (02IH48-0IH5/ 6
Fax: (021) -148-0047 E-mail:
Ea.'ltcmCallc 198 Del'ereux Avenue
Vincent East London Tel: (043) 726 -4038/45 Fax: (043) 726 -1019 E-1l1.o1il· Ihoko7.anil1cosaIlI.Org.7:1
8. That as part of the preparations towards the National Congress, NOBs would
convene a workshop to discuss among other the federation posture on the election manifesto, assessment of the 2015 Plan to inform proposals on the draft Mid-term strategy etc. Accordingly you are reminded of the decision to convene the COSATU 13 th National Congress. Thanking you in advance. Yours Comradely
C.C COSATU National Office Bearers
Proposed Programme for the 13 th National Congress First Day, 17 th September 2018 Chairperson of the session:
First Deputy President Tyotyo James
1. Opening 2. Choir singing the National Anthem 3. Remembering the workers who passed on - Roll Call 4. Presentation of the Credentials report 5. Presentation of the last congress minutes 6. Confirmation of the agenda 7. Adoption of the House Rules 8. Acknowledgement of all previous recipients of Elijah Barayi Award 9. Acknowledgement of former NOBs, invited guests and sponsors 10. Opening address by the COSATU President, Sidumo Dlamini 11. Process to elect the new COSATU NOBs 12. Keynote address by ANC President (tbc) 13. Address by the SACP General Secretary (tbc)
Political Session - chaired by Tyotyo James 14. Political report by the General Secretary Bheki Ntshalintshali 15. Debate of the political report and Affiliates political resolutions 16. Congress adjourns
Second Day, 18 th September 2018 Chairperson of the session: Second Deputy President Zingiswa Losi 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6.
Address by the President of SANCO Political Resolution continues Presentation of the Organisational Report Presentation of the Audited Statements and Financial Report Debate of the report and Affiliates Resolutions Congress adjourned
Third Day, 19 th September 2018 Chairperson of the session: President Sidumo Dlamini 1. 2. 3. 4.
Address by the Minister Address by International Guest Presentation of the Socio-economic report Debate on the report and the Affiliates resolutions Page: 30f4
5. Debate on the socio-economic report continues 6. Presentation of International Report 7. Debate on the International report and resolutions 8. Messages of support from International organisations 9. Affiliates resolutions 10. Congress adjourned
Fourth Day, 20 th September 2018 Chairperson ofthe session: First Deputy President Tyotyo James Discussion of the reports and Affiliates - International Resolutions continues 2. Adoption of Secretariat Report 3. The 13 th National Congress declaration 1.
4. Announcement ofthe NOBs election results 5. Closing address by the new COSATU President
Page: 4 of 4