Believing for the Part II
Believing for the Impossible! • Jeremiah 32:17 • “No! Absolutely nothing for You is extraordinary or surpassing.” • Jeremiah 32:27 • Numbers 13:27-33 • Numbers 14:1-24
P A R T I
Believing for the Impossible! • “Fear” is the opposite of “Faith.” – What seemed impossible for them to accomplish was exactly what God wanted to accomplish for them.
• Joshua 1:1-7 • Joshua 4:1a – Crossing Jordan • Joshua 6:15, 16 – Victory over Jericho
A R T I
Believing for the Impossible! • Joshua 10:8, 11, 12-14
– If we have faith to ask, God has the ability to perform! And to perform the impossible.
• Joshua 10:16, 22-25 • Joshua 10:26 through to chapters 11, 12, etc.
– Victory after victory, conquest after conquest
• Joshua 24:29-31
Introduction • • • •
The source of our faith must be the Bible! Hearing the Word initiates faith. Speaking the Word activates faith. Doing the Word demonstrates faith.
1. Hearing the Word • Romans 10:17 • You and I need to become very familiar with the Bible. • If your faith isn’t rooted in God’s promises, it’s not scriptural faith. • Joshua’s confidence didn’t spring out of a void (wishful thinking), but it was born out of God’s Word.
1. Hearing the Word • You can’t claim God’s promises, unless you know what they are. • Joshua 1:7 • In order to be successful, Joshua had to be obedient. • To really pray with power, you and I need to consume as much of God’s Word as you can.
2. Speaking the Word • Hearing the Word is like turning the key in the ignition…speaking the Word is like putting the car in drive! • Believers have the responsibility to activate faith…that is done through speaking God’s Word.
2. Speaking the Word • • • • • •
Joshua 1:8 Jeremiah 29:11 Jeremiah 32:17 Psalm 23:4 Psalm 27:1 Isaiah 41:10
• • • • •
Isaiah 54:17a Matthew 21:22 Romans 8:37-39 Philippians 4:13 Hebrews 13:5c
• Joshua had to make the ways and words of God a natural part of his vocabulary.
3. Doing the Word • Demonstrates faith • James 2:17 • It’s not really faith until we do it.
3. Doing the Word • Matthew 14:25-29 • Peter hears the words of Jesus…faith is initiated, but he’s still in the boat. • Peter activates faith when he shouts back to Jesus, “If it’s you, tell me to come.” • Peter demonstrates faith only when his foot hits the water.
Believing God for the Impossible!
Hear the Word. Speak the Word. Do the Word.
Believing God for the Impossible! • Faith will build little by little. • Your outlook will become clearer. • You will allow the Word to dominate your emotions. • You will find strength to press on through resistance.
SCRIPTURES (New King James)
Romans 10:17 17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
Joshua 1:7 7 Only be strong and very courageous, that you may observe to do according to all the law which Moses My servant commanded you; do not turn from it to the right hand or to the left, that you may prosper wherever you go.
Joshua 1:8 8 This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success.
Jeremiah 29:11 11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.
Jeremiah 32:17 17 Ah, Lord GOD! Behold, You have made the heavens and the earth by Your great power and outstretched arm. There is nothing too hard for You.
Psalm 23:4 4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
Psalm 27:1 1 The LORD is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid?
Isaiah 41:10 10 Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’
Isaiah 54:17a 17 No weapon formed against you shall prosper, And every tongue which rises against you in judgment You shall condemn.
Matthew 21:22 22 And whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.”
Romans 8:37-39 37 Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. 38 For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, 39 nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Philippians 4:13 13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Hebrews 13:5c For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.
James 2:17 17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.
Matthew 14:25-29 25 Now in the fourth watch of the night Jesus went to them, walking on the sea. 26 And when the disciples saw Him walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying, “It is a ghost!” And they cried out for fear. 27 But immediately Jesus spoke to them, saying, “Be of good cheer! It is I; do not be afraid.” 28 And Peter answered Him and said, “Lord, if it is You, command me to come to You on the water.” 29 So He said, “Come.” And when Peter had come down out of the boat, he walked on the water to go to Jesus.