PREDIKSI UJIAN NASIONAL SMK TAHUN PELAJARAN 2015/2016 Mata Pelajaran Waktu
: Bahasa Inggris : 120 menit
Isikan identitas Anda ke dalam Lembar Jawaban Ujian Nasional (LJUN) yang tersedia dengan menggunakan pensil 2B sesuai petunjuk di LJUN. Hitamkan bulatan di depan nama mata ujian pada LJUN Tersedia waktu 120 menit untuk mengerjakan paket tes tersebut. Jumlah soal sebanyak 50 butir, pada tiap butir soal terdapat 5 (lima) pilihan jawaban. Periksa dan bacalah soal‐soal sebelum Anda menjawabnya. Laporkan kepada pengawas ujian apabila terdapat lembar soal yang kurang jelas, rusak, atau tidak lengkap. Tidak diizinkan menggunakan kalkulator, HP, tabel matematika atau alat bantu hitung lainnya. Periksalah kembali perkerjaan Anda sebelum dikumpulkan. Lembar soal tidak boleh dicorat‐coret. LISTENING SECTION In this section of the test, you will have the chance to show how well you understand spoken English. There are four parts to this section, with special direction for each part. Part I. PICTURES Questions 1 to 3. Directions: For each question, you will see a picture in your test book and you will hear four short statements. These Taken from: colourbox.com statements will be spoken two times. They will not be You will hear: printed in your test book, so you must listen carefully A. The people are eating sandwiches. to understand what the speakers say. B. There is a tent behind the people. C. All people are wearing a hat. When you hear the four statements, look at the D. The people are on a beach. picture in your test book and choose the statement that best describes what you see in the picture. Then, Choice (B) “There is a tent behind the people.” best on your answer sheet, find the number of the question describes what can be seen in the picture. Therefore, and mark your answer. you should mark (B) on your answer sheet. Example: Sample Answer Look at the picture and listen to the four statements. A B C Let’s begin with question number one.
Taken from: dreamstime.com
Taken from: en.wikipedia.org
Taken from: designed2win.com
Part II. QUESTIONS – RESPONSES Questions 4 to 6. Directions: In this part of the test, you will hear several questions spoken in English, followed by three responses, also spoken in English. The questions and responses will be spoken two times. They will not be printed in your test book, so you must listen carefully to understand what the speakers say. You have to choose the best responses to each question. Now listen to a sample question. You will hear: Woman : Would you like to turn down the volume of the TV? Man : A. Yes. It’s the best talk show ever. B. Yes. I’d turn it down now. C. Yes. I bought it tomorrow. Choice (B) “Yes. I’d turn it down now." is the best response to that question. Therefore, you should mark (B) on your sheet.
4. Mark your answer on your answer sheet. 5. Mark your answer on your answer sheet. 6. Mark your answer on your answer sheet. Part III. SHORT CONVERSATIONS Questions 7 to 10. Directions: In this part of the test, you will hear several short conversations. The conversations will not be printed in your test book. So you must listen carefully to understand what the speakers say. You will hear the conversations two times. In your test book, you will read a question about each conversation. The questions will be followed by four answers. You have to choose the best answer to each question and mark it on your answer sheet. Example: You will hear: Man : Oh, finally it’s time to go home. Woman : Yeah, and I have to go home and cook dinner for my family. Man : Do you cook dinner every night? Woman : Certainly. And what do you like to do after going back home? Man : I usually listen to music and sometimes I go out with my friends. What are they talking about? A. Their activities after work. B. Their hobbies and interests. C. Their duty in the office. D. Their work activities. Choice (A) “Their activities after work.” is the best answer to the question “What are they talking about?”. Therefore, you should mark (A) on your answer sheet. 7. Where does this conversation take place? A. Money changer agent B. Train station C. Theatre D. Supermarket 8. What are the speakers talking about? A. Mr. Agus B. Acid rain C. Article D. Tomorrow class 9. Who is the woman? A. A student B. A teacher C. A headmaster D. A quiz presenter
10. Where is the man going? A. Bank B. Theatre C. Restaurant D. Chinese town Part IV. SHORT TALKS Questions 11 to 15. Directions: In this part of the test, you will hear several short talks. Each will be spoken two times. They will not be printed in your test book, so you must listen carefully to understand and remember what is said. In your test book, you will read two or more questions about each short talk. Each question will be followed by four answers. You have to choose the best answer to each question and mark it on your answer sheet. Questions 11 and 12 refer to the following procedure. 11. What is the procedure about? A. An instruction to push a button B. Instructions to operate a tape recorder C. How to adjust the volume D. How to listen to a recording 12. What will you do after pushing the record button? A. Adjust the volume B. Speak into the microphone C. Put the tape in the machine D. Push PLAY to listen to the recording Questions 13 to 15 refer to the following advertisement. 13. Who is the advertisement directed to? A. English teacher B. Business people C. Elementary students D. Native speakers 14. How do you watch the video cassettes and work from CD‐ROM at home? A. By visiting Excellent Lingua B. By ordering a language kit C. By knowing a language D. By joining the courses 15. The courses are available in the following languages, except …. A. English B. Spanish C. Mandarin D. Japanese This is the end of listening section.
READING SECTION Part V. ERROR RECOGNITION Questions 16 to 20: Choose the inappropriate structure in the sentences or dialogues below. 16. I love this red dress because the design is more A eleganter than the black one. B C D
17. I was cooking dinner for my little sister which my A B C mother came home last night. D 18. Citra : Look, that cat is very beauty. A Sarah : You’re right. It’s so cute and healthy. B Let’s look closer. C D 19. Dinda : I think I need a vacation for some A days. Nike : If you had a free time, we can go to B C Malang to enjoy the fresh air. D 20. Laila : You look so tiring. Are you alright? A Sahnas : I don’t know. I just feel a little bit B dizzy. Maybe I should go home now. C D Part VI. READING COMPREHENSION Questions 21 to 30: Choose the best answer to each question. Questions 21 to 23 refer to the following text. Memorandum Megantara, Ltd. From : Clara Artyasa To : Accounting Department Staff Date : September 27 Re : Next Week I will be out of the office for a conference in Madrid next week, September 4‐8. If you need my help during that time, please contact my assistant, Louisa. Thank you.
21. Clara wrote the memo because …. A. she needs someone to accompany her to Madrid B. she has another office accountant C. she will attend a conference D. she contacts Louisa to replace her position 22. From the memo, we know that Clara is …. A. Louisa’s assistant B. the committee of the conference C. chief of accounting department D. accounting department staff 23. “If you need my help during that time, please contact my assistant, Louisa.” The underlined word refers to …. A. Accountant staff’s B. An office accountant’s C. Louisa’s D. Clara’s Questions 24 to 26 refer to the following text. Exxon Mobil Corporation (Exxon Mobil) Profile
25. When did Apache Corporation acquire Exxon Mobil’s Mobil North Sea Limited assets? A. In October 2012 B. In October 2011 C. In January 2012 D. In January 2011 26. In how many countries did Cosan SA Industria e Comercio buy the distribution assets of Exxon Mobil? A. Three B. Four C. Five D. Six Questions 27 to 28 refer to the following text.
Exxon Mobil Corporation (Exxon Mobil) is a manufacturer and marketer of commodity petrochemicals, including olefins, aromatics, polyethylene, and polypropylene plastics and a range of specialty products. It also has interests in electric power generation facilities. The company has a number of divisions affiliated companies of Exxon Mobil operate or market products in the United States and other countries of the world. Their principal business is energy, involving exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas, manufacture of petroleum products and transportation, and sale of crude oil, natural gas and petroleum products. In October 2011, Cosan SA Industria e Comercio bought the distribution assets of Exxon Mobil in Bolivia, Paraguay, and Uruguay. In January 2012, Apache Corporation acquired Exxon Mobil’s Mobil North Sea Limited assets including the Beryl field and related properties.
Adapted from: UN SMK 2013
24. What is Exxon Mobil Corporation principal business? A. Cars B. Energy C. Cellular phone D. Foods and beverages
Janet Frida’s Experience 1.
Freelance, Self Employed (Apparel & Fashion Industry) February 2009 – Present (3 year 2 month) Handling various kinds of design job which you could review from my website. Also writing for a blog at my spare time.
Design Team Leader & Product Development P.T Eurogate Malaysia: Higs on International Group (Apparel & Fashion Industry) October 2000 – December 2008 (8 year 4 months) 3. Art Director P.T. Asiabumi Furukawa (Electrical/ Electronic Manufacturing Industry) May 1999 – September 2000 (1 year 5 months) 27. What does point 2 mention about Janet? A. She is supervising Product Department. B. She is managing Design Department. C. She is directing Electronic Industry. D. She is handling Design Job. 28. What’s her job at the moment? A. Experienced employee B. Freelance worker C. Team leader D. Art director
Questions 29 to 30 refer to the following text. These days, everyone seems to be drinking bottled water. And why not? It’s refreshing, pure, and safe. But if you drink Point Spring’s bottled water, you’ll get more than just a drink of water. You’ll get all of vitamins you need for a day for only a little more money. Drinking one liter of Point Spring is the equivalent of taking the bestselling multivitamin tablet with one hundred percent of the minimum daily requirements of vitamin A, C, and B, possibly all of the vitamin needed for human nutrition. Available in half of liter or a little bottle and in pack of four single bottles.
33. Mr. Dillan
… I’m calling to give Mr. Anthony a special offer from my company. Receptionist : I’m sorry, Sir. Mr. Anthony is not in the office at the moment. Can I take a message? A. Excuse me, who is calling? B. Can I meet your boss? C. Could you repeat your name? D. Can I speak to Mr. Anthony, please?
What do you usually do in the morning? Maya : … A. I listen to the music to start my day. B. I come late to the school. C. My mother makes me delicious breakfast. D. Doing my school homework is my hobby.
Adapted from: www.naturalnews.com
29. What is being advertised? A. Point Spring B. Recycled bottles C. Vitamin supplements D. Bottled water 30. What is the main advantage offered in the advertisement? A. Cheaper price B. Refreshing taste C. Various packs D. Extra vitamins WRITING SECTION Part VII. INCOMPLETE DIALOGUES Questions 31 to 40: Choose the most appropriate option to complete the dialogue. 31. Viona : I can’t believe the stove doesn’t work again. Bob : … I’ll check the gas. A. Maybe the gas runs out. B. You have to clean it regularly. C. The gas is very expensive. D. Probably you haven’t turned it on. 32. Vita : Mom, can I play in the terrace? Mother : No, dear. It’s raining. … A. The terrace is being repaired. B. Go home before it’s dark. C. Stay inside until the rain stops. D. You can play in the garden.
Good afternoon, Salero Indonesia Restaurant. How can I help you? Hanum : Yes. … Receptionist : Certainly. How many people would it be? A. I need a single room for two days. B. May I reserve a plane ticket to Medan? C. I’d like to make a dinner reservation for tonight. D. Can I book two tickets for the concert?
I’ve spent almost half an hour to find the zoo. Can you show me where it is? Vio : Of course. … Tourist : Thank you very much. A. Come to the town and I’ll show you the center of the city. B. Go across this street, the bank is beside the post office. C. Find the zoo, and you’ll see the tall building next to it. D. Go along this street. It’s next to the museum.
I came late this morning because the traffic jam was so terrible. Sitha : I also got the same experience yesterday. I would’ve arrived late if …. A. I hadn’t got up late B. I didn’t take a bus C. I hadn’t left earlier D. I didn’t drive a car
: What are you going to do this weekend? Joni : … My friends will have a theatrical production in the auditorium. A. I’ll have an overtime job. B. I’ll buy some new books for my collection. C. I’m going swimming with my cousins. D. I’m going to see a performance.
: How was your holiday? I heard you went to Bali. Intan : … Bali is a perfect destination for holiday. A. I would enjoy my trip. B. What a brilliant idea. C. It was really great. D. You should go there someday.
: Look! There is a circus. Let’s see it. Father : … They must have been trained for a long time. A. There are many people watching it. B. The animals are playing their roles well. C. The people are clapping along. D. The monkey is very big.
Part VIII. CLOZE TEST Questions 41 to 50: Choose the most appropriate word or phrase to complete the texts. Questions 41 to 43 refer to the following text. MEMO To : All staff members of Jayakarta Company From : Mr Sigit Wibowo, M.Ak. Date : May 28, 2015 Subject : Meeting Cancellation I am (41) _____ a conference in Malaysia. The general meeting (that should be held today) is cancelled. There will be further information on the meeting after I return (42) _____ Malaysia. Make sure that everything runs well during my (43) _____ to Malaysia. 41. A. visiting B. inviting C. attending D. cancelling 42. A. B. C. D.
to for back from
43. A. visit B. holiday C. business D. vacation Questions 44 to 47 refer to the following text. Before I start today’s first biology lecture, I’ like to (44) _____ with you about the paper that you should working on. As you know, the topic for the paper is the relationship (45) _____ gun control and violence. The paper itself is due in two (46) _____ but I would like to see your outlines by Friday of this week, so that I can be (47) _____ that you are on the right tract with the assignment and on the next two weeks you can submit your paper. 44. A. talk B. speak C. listen D. read 45. A. among B. beside C. between D. from 46. A. days B. weeks C. months D. years 47. A. doubtful B. uncertain C. negative D. sure Questions 48 to 50 refer to the following text. Cake by Anita now offers cake for your office birthday party, retirement party, or other special office function. And remember, Anita’s can customize your cake with any (48) _____ or design that you like. Also available are our (49) _____ coffee rolls and doughnuts, for those early morning meetings. So, (50) _____ Anita’s from 6 a.m. to 3 p.m. at (0274) 897449 and don’t forget: we deliver.
48. A. B. C. D. 49. A. B. C. D. 50. A. B. C. D.
treatment message talk speech nasty messy delicious terrible call accept serve visit
KUNCI JAWABAN PREDIKSI UN SMK BAHASA INGGRIS
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10.
B C A A C B C C B A
11. 12. 13. 14. 15. 16. 17. 18. 19. 20.
B B B B C B C A B A
21. 22. 23. 24. 25. 26. 27. 28. 29. 30.
31. 32. 33. 34. 35. 36. 37. 38. 39. 40.
C C D B C A B B A D
LISTENING TRANSCRIPT Woman Part I. PICTURES 1. A. The students are reading their books. B. The teacher is listening to her student. C. The children are playing noisily. D. The girl is punished by the teacher. 2. A. The bear is swimming in the river. B. The river is too deep for the bear. C. The bear is hunting for food. D. There are many fish in the water. 3. A. The man is bald. B. The woman’s hair is straight. C. The baby is walking. D. The people are lying on the ground. Part II. QUESTIONS – RESPONSES 4. Man : Do you think that you’ll be able to go to the party? Woman : A. I wish I could. B. Never mind. C. Thank you. 5. Woman : Hi. Do you have time tonight? If you have, I’d like to invite you to my party. Man : A. How many invitations do you have? B. Congratulations. Happy birthday. C. Thanks. I’ll be happy to join your party. 6. Man : Excuse me, Ma’am. Could you please tell me where Arcade Palace
A C D A C D C D C B
41. 42. 43. 44. 45. 46. 47. 48. 49. 50.
C D A A C B D B C A
is? : A. This is a very huge palace. B. It’s on that corner. C. I can buy you a ticket to enter.
Part III. SHORT CONVERSATIONS 7. Man : I’d like two tickets to the six o’clock show, please. Woman : That will be seventy thousand rupiahs. Narrator : Where does this conversation take place? 8. Man : Did you read the article that Mr. Agus assigned for tomorrow’s class? It was really interesting. Woman : No, not yet. What was it about? Man : It was about pollution, specifically one kind of pollution called acid rain. Narrator : What are the speakers talking about? 9. Man : Could you please tell me what assignments I missed when I was absent from your class? Woman : You missed one homework assignment and a quiz. Narrator : Who is the woman? 10. Man : Excuse me. Could you please show me the way to the nearest bank? Woman : Sure. Just go down this main street until you find a theatre. Man : Okay. And then? Woman : Then, turn left and go for about
two kilometers. You will find a Chinese restaurant on your left, and the bank is just behind that restaurant. Man : Alright. I get it. Thank you very much. Narrator : Where is the man going?
Part IV. SHORT TALKS Questions 11 and 12 refer to the following procedure. To use your new milligram tape recorder, follow these easy instructions. First, put the tape in the machine. Then, push the PLAY button. Next, adjust the volume. To record with your new tape recorder, just push the RECORD button. Then, speak into the microphone. Push the REWIND button to rewind the tape. Next, push PLAY to listen to your recording. Questions 13 to 15 refer to the following advertisement. Are you frustrated because you need to know a language for business and administration, but you just too busy to take classes? Then, order a language kit from Excellent Lingua. Watch at DVDs, and work from a CD‐ROM in the comfort of your own house. Learn in the natural way for listening to native speakers in business situations and then responding to them in your own words. Courses are now available in English, Spanish, and Japanese. Each kit contains four workbooks, two DVDs, and one CD‐ROM. Call Excellent Lingua now at 8975632200.